Windows XP Home Setup Instructions
Thank you for choosing TMLP Online as your Internet Service Provider. These step-by-step instructions will walk you through getting your computer connected to the Internet. There is no additional software required – we will use the built-in features of Windows (dial-up networking) to make the connection. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call our technical support staff at 508.880.8657
Setting Up Your Connection
- Open the Control Panel: Click on the Start button, then click on Control Panel
- Pick A Category: Click on Network & Internet Connections.
- Pick A Task: Click Set Up or Change Your Internet Connection.
- Internet Properties: Click the Setup Button
- New Connection Wizard: Click Next, then select Connect to the Internet, then Click Next.
- Getting Ready: Click on Set Up Connection Manually, then click Next
- Internet Connection: Select Connect Using A Dial-Up Modem, then click Next
- Connection Name: Type TMLP Online in the ISP name box, then click Next
- Phone Number To Dial: Enter the appropriate number from the list below:
- Taunton area 508-884-8300
- Fall River area 508-837-6402
- New Bedford area 508-717-6950
- Internet Account Information: Type your username in the User Name box, then
type in your password in the Password and Confirm Password boxes, and finally click Next.
- Completing the New Connection Wizard: Make sure there is a check in the box that says Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop, then Click Finish.
Setting Up Your Email
- Open Outlook Express (if the Internet connection wizard starts up, and the “Your Name” page comes up – go to Step 3, otherwise continue) - Click on the Tools menu, and then select Accounts
- Internet Accounts - Click Add and then Mail
- Display Name - In the window that appears, type your name, then click Next.
- Internet Email Address - Type in your email address. It should be in the form email@example.com
- E-Mail Server Names - Type in mail.tmlp.net for both the incoming and outgoing server names. Make sure the pulldown that reads "My incoming mail server is a..." shows POP3. Click Next.
- Account Information - Your username should show up in the Account Name box.
Type your password into the Password box.