Update as of 5:45pm on Friday, September 23, 2016:
We are happy to report that the two employees sent to the hospital as a precautionary measure have been released. Also, the initial equipment inspection indicates an internal electrical failure in the breaker. Further inspection will follow to determine the root cause. Repairs are currently underway. Thank you to the Taunton Fire Department and the TMLP employees for their quick response in extinguishing what turned out to be a small fire, and containing the situation.
Original Press Release posted 2:30pm on Friday, September 23, 2016:
At approximately 11:30 AM on Friday, September 23rd TMLP's Cleary Flood Station experienced a breaker failure with a short circuit resulting in a small electrical fire which created significant smoke. The Taunton Fire Department, in conjunction with TMLP Employees, contained the situation by 12:15. Two TMLP employees were sent to the hospital as a precaution.
It was strictly an equipment failure and no customers were affected.